Microsoft Outlook 2013- Sharing your Calendar
There are times when it would be really handy for your colleagues to view your calendar for a specific time period. You may not wish to share your whole calendar with them.
With Outlook open:
- Create a New Email
- Type in the recipients email address(es) and text in the Subject field.
- Click on the Insert tab and select Calendar from the Include group on the Ribbon to open the dialogue box below.
- In the Calendar field click on the drop-down arrow and select the calendar you wish to share. If you have a number of email addresses then you will normally have a calendar for each of these available.
- In the Date Range field select a data range from the drop-down list or select Specify dates… to customise this field.
- Click OK
- This will insert the calendar details into the body of the email and attach a calendar file (.ics file). Clicking on the attachment will open your Calendar in Calendar view, but will only show the Date Range and Detail that you specified.
- Your recipient do not have to be an Outlook user to be able to view this information.
- If you update your calendar then you will have to re-email it to your recipients as it doesn’t automatically update.