Excel – Unhide Row 1 or Column A
To show hidden rows and columns you have to select the columns or rows either side of the hidden row(s) or column(s). However, if row 1 or column A is hidden then this is not possible.
Here’s a few tips on how to achieve this.
- Click on the Select All button or press CTRL A
- On the Home tab click on the Format drop-down arrow in the Cells group
- Under the Visibility group select Hide & Unhide and then click on Unhide Rows or Columns, depending on what you have hidden
- Click on the drop-down arrow under Find & Select on the Home tab
- Select Go To and type A1 in the Reference field in the dialogue box
- Click OK to close the dialogue box
- Then repeat steps 2 and 3 above